The Tradesmen+ Program is designed for contractors engaged in building construction, maintenance, or repair; contractors with a special trade; and service contractors who provide a service but do not build or construct. Contractors may sub-contract up to 40% of their gross annual receipts. The program is NOT intended for “paper” general contractors.
A valid contractor’s license is required for those trades where a license is available. Licensed Handyman Repair provided jobs do not exceed $500.00 each. An exclusion for jobs exceeding this threshold will apply.
Contractors who also hold a license for a trade that is ineligible for the program cannot be considered due to the exposure of past, present or future work performed under that license. We can reconsider if the insured can provide a statement that they have performed no work under that license for the past 10 years and de-activates it with the Contractors License Board.
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements of our preferred auto program and are on the Eligible Classification List, are welcome from authorized AmCom business partners:
- Applicants whose business is one of the classes listed in the “Eligible Classes” section of this manual.
- New business ventures if the owners have less than three years experience operating a business will be debit rated accordingly.
- Applicants who sub-contract no more than 40% of their annual receipts.
- We will consider General & Specialty Contractors who engage in remodeling work including room additions.
- We will consider Contractors who build no more than fifteen (15) Custom Homes per year if they do not subcontract more than 40% of their gross receipts (roofing work must be sub-contracted to a licensed and insured subcontractor). The custom home must be built for specific owners under contract. “ Spec” or “Owner/Builder” homes are NOT eligible.
- WE REQUIRE THE COMMERCIAL AUTOMOBILE COVERAGE FOR ANY ELIGIBLE APPLICANT. WE DO NOT OFFER THE GENERAL LIABILITY COVERAGE AS A STAND ALONE COVERAGE.
Coverage / Limits
- Commercial CGL 500,000 / 1,000,000
- Personal 1,000,000 / 1,000,000
- Advertising Injury & Products/Completed 1,000,000 / 2,000,000
- Fire Legal Liability 100,000 / 100,000
- Medical Payments 5,000 / N/A
- ISO Commercial General Liability, Occurrence, CG 00 01 (12/04)
- ISO and Company Endorsements
State of California, follows ISO Territory Definitions.
Maximum of one year (12 Months) policy term
Signed ACORD 125 & ACORD 126 & the following:
- AmCom Contractors Questionnaire
- Minimum of 3 Prior years, preferably for the Past 5 Years
- Latest Full Annual and Year To Date, Income/Expense & Balance Sheets
- 3 Completed Work References
- CC of CA License(s)
- Substantiation of Payroll Records
Each Owner/Officer/Proprietor/Partner, Payroll to be rated is $33,600. Field Employees, payroll rated at actual paid value. Leased Employees, payroll rated at what would have been paid if the leased workers had been direct workers. Clerical Office Employees, payroll is excluded.
Liability premium and exposures are estimated and subject to a final and possibly a mid-term audit of the records of the insured. At the Company’s option, a self-audit may be used to determine the final premium. When the Company decides to do a physical audit of the records of the insured, the insured is not responsible for the expense of the audit.
All fees are fully earned and non-refundable.
- Inspection Fee - $350 Covers cost of phone and/or site inspection services as well as any financial services needed to analyze the risk such as credit reports, and any audit of records.
- Reinstatement Fee - $100 Covers costs of re-writing/reinstating coverage that has been disrupted by a cancellation process.
- Billing Fee - $15 Per Bill Covers the cost of inputting premium items other than annual premiums (installments/monthly reports etc).
Payment and Billing Option
- Producer Full Payment Option - Remit the full estimated annual premium plus fees net of producer commission.
- Premium Finance - Producer collects a Deposit sufficient to cover fees and commission and Finance Company Deposit requirements. Producer remits fees and deposit net of commission to AmCom and Finance Company remits net annual premium direct to AmCom.
No Binding Authority is Extended
Complete application information must be submitted to AmCom for written confirmation of binding. The Producer may fax, mail, or Email, the information required to consider binding coverage:
- Complete/signed applications
- Complete Project list
- Reference from Completed Jobs
- 3-year currently valued (within the past 90 days) loss runs or if loss runs are not available, a letter on the insured’s letterhead stating 3-year loss history, signed by the insured, may be acceptable. (Note-Company loss runs and three years of prior premiums are required for Experience Rating)
- Substantiation of employee payroll Copy of the Contractors license
- Written request to bind coverage, stating effective Date and Payment Choice
- Evidence of the deposit payment made by applicant. if outside financed, the name and address of the Premium Finance Company.